FlyingMountainYoga is the website of Swami Saradananda, an inspiring and insightful teacher and author. She makes you want to practice and explains ancient concepts in modern, easy-to-grasp terms.
A senior-most student of Swami Vishnu-devananda, Swami Saradananda worked with the Sivananda Yoga Centres for almost thirty years. She served as director and main teacher of their facilities in New York, London (Putney) and Delhi. After returning from an extended period of personal practice in the Himalayas, she was the “author in residence” at the Peacemaker Community in Western Massachusetts and then served as “spiritual director” to Haus Yoga Vidya in Germany.
Now based in London, Swami Saradananda teaches world-wide and leads pilgrimages to India. She is developing a series of advanced trainings for yoga teachers and serious yogis, including an e-course on the yama-niyama of Patanjali’s Yoga Sutra.
- The ESSENTIAL GUIDE TO CHAKRAS, Watkins Publishing, Aug, 2011
- The POWER of BREATH, Duncan Baird Publishing, March, 2009
- CHAKRA MEDITATION, Duncan Baird Publishing, March, 2008
- TEACH YOURSELF YOGA, Hodder Publishing, Dec 2007
- The YOGA COOKBOOK, Gaia Books, Simon and Schuster, 1999
- YOGA MIND and BODY, Dorling Kindersley, 1996
- 101 TIPS of YOGA, Dorling Kindersley, 1995
- LEARN YOGA in a WEEKEND, Dorling Kindersley, 1994
- Manual of the Sivananda Yoga Teachers' Training Course
Swami Saradananda is the author of:
Her current writing projects include a Chakra Meditation Workbook.
- Yoga Teachers' Training modules - her particular field of expertise is the philosophy and meditation sections.
- Yoga Conferences and Symposia
- Master courses / workshops in all aspects of hatha and raja yoga
- Pranayama courses / workshops
- Meditation courses
- "Teach Meditation" courses for yoga teachers and workshop leaders
- Chakra Meditation workshops
Swami Saradananda is currently developing a diverse range of topics that may be presented in lecture or workshop format. Please contact her for specific programmes. She is available for: